Chicken Jalfrezi. Makes: 40
7kg chicken breast, weighed after skinning and boning
40 tbsp KTC Butter Ghee
20 tsp KTC Cumin Seeds
40 tsp KTC Minced Garlic
30 tsp KTC Minced Ginger
10 tsp mild curry paste
80 fresh medium green chillies, sliced
10 green and/or red peppers, sliced and cut into diamonds
10 x 400g tin KTC Chopped Tomatoes
120 tbsp KTC Coconut Milk
30 tsp KTC Garam Masala
handful of fresh coriander leaves
salt to taste
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized chunks.
- Heat the oil in a karahi or wok. Stir-fry the cumin seeds for a few seconds then add the garlic and continue stir-frying for 30 seconds. Add the ginger and continue for a minute then add the turmeric and a splash of water and when sizzling add the curry paste.
- Now add the chicken pieces and stir until they are evenly coloured yellow and are lightly sizzling. Add the chillies, pepper and tomatoes and stir-fry for 10 minutes. During this stage, add the coconut milk spoonful by spoonful to maintain a good liquid level.
- Add the garam masala, fresh coriander and salt to taste, then stir-fry for a final 5-10 minutes.
- Check that the chicken is cooked through then serve at once with Indian bread or fluffy plain rice.