Thai Fish Cakes. Makes: 20
5lb of snapper fillets, without skin or bones
15 tbsp KTC Coconut Oil
15 tbsp fish sauce
10 tbsp water
10 cloves of garlic, crushed
5 tbsp KTC Minced Ginger
5 handfuls fresh coriander, chopped leaves and stalks
10 tsp KTC Chilli Flakes
2½ tsp KTC Cumin
2½ tsp KTC Coriander
KTC Lime Juice
5 tsp KTC Sweet Chilli Sauce
10 tbsp rice wine vinegar
10 tbsp clear honey
2½ tbsp KTC Lemon Juice
5 tbsp Thai fish sauce
500g cucumber, skinned, cored and diced
15 spring onions, finely sliced
10 birds-eye chillies, seeds removed (if liked), sliced thinly
handful of fresh coriander chopped
- Combine the fish, coconut oil, fish sauce, water, garlic, ginger, coriander, chilli flakes, cumin and coriander in a food processor.
- Pulse until the mixture becomes a thick paste.
- Make into 1-inch balls and press into patties. You will need to wet your hands to stop it sticking.
- In a large pan melt the coconut oil and cook the fish cakes for 2 minutes each side until golden brown and cooked through.
- Make a spicy mayonnaise by adding the sweet chilli sauce to the mayonnaise. Serve with a crisp green salad.
- Beat together the vinegar, honey, two tablespoons of water, lemon juice and fish sauce.
- Taste and adjust the honey and lemon juice to get it sweeter or more tart, however you want it.
- Add the cucumber, spring onion, chilli and coriander. Leave for 30 minutes to an hour for the flavours to develop.