Bhindi Bhaji. Makes: 4
1 tsp KTC cumin seeds
1 tsp KTC coriander seeds
1 tsp KTC fennel seeds
¼ tsp KTC turmeric
¼ tsp KTC garam masala
1 tbsp KTC vegetable oil
1 large red onion, peeled and chopped
2 green chillies, chopped
2 tsp KTC garlic paste
2 tsp KTC ginger paste
1 x 400 g KTC can chopped tomatoes
2 x 400 g KTC cans bhindi
Small bunch coriander, chopped
Seasoning to taste
- Dry fry the cumin seeds, coriander seeds and fennel seeds for 1-2 minutes, until you can smell the spicy aroma.
- Pour the seeds into a pestle and mortar and gently grind them, to break them down and release their flavours. Stir in the remaining spices.
- Heat the oil in a pan and cook the onion and green chilli for 1 -2 minutes before stirring in the ginger and garlic pastes and cooking for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Stir the spices into the pan and cook for a minute.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes, stir well and bring to simmer. Pour in the bhindi and cook, stirring occasionally for 5-6 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped coriander, season to taste and then serve.