Chicken Jalfrezi. Makes: 4
700g chicken breast, weighed after skinning and boning
4 tbsp KTC Butter Ghee
2 tsp cumin seeds
4 tsp KTC Minced Garlic
3 tsp KTC Minced Ginger
1 tsp mild curry paste
8 fresh medium green chillies, sliced
1 green and/or red pepper, sliced and cut into diamonds
1 x 400g tin KTC Chopped Tomatoes
12 tbsp KTC Coconut Milk
3 tsp garam masala
A few leaves of fresh coriander
Salt to taste
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized chunks.
- Heat the ghee in a karahi or wok. Stir-fry the cumin seeds for a few seconds then add the garlic and continue stir-frying for 30 seconds. Add the ginger and continue for a minute then add a splash of water and when sizzling add the curry paste.
- Now add the chicken pieces and stir until they are evenly coloured yellow and are lightly sizzling. Add the chillies, pepper and tomatoes and stir-fry for 10 minutes. During this stage, add the coconut milk spoonful by spoonful to maintain a good liquid level.
- Add the garam masala, fresh coriander and salt to taste, then stir-fry for a final 5-10 minutes.
- Check that the chicken is cooked through then serve at once with Indian bread or fluffy plain rice.