Chocolate Brownies. Makes: 8
180g KTC Coconut Oil
200g dark chocolate 70-75%
75g cocoa powder
60g free plain flour
150g caster sugar
pecan nuts crushed and halved for decoration
icing sugar for dusting
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C, 350F, Gas mark 4.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Break the chocolate into squares and add to a bowl along with the coconut oil. Set over a pan of boiling water to melt then mix together and leave to cool.
- In another bowl, mix together the cocoa powder, flour and sugar.
- Add the dry mixture to the chocolate and mix thoroughly.
- Add the beaten eggs and stir together.
- Pour onto the baking tray and cook for 20 minutes. The top should have a crust but the inside still ‘gooey’. It will set a little more as it cools. When cool, cut into squares.
- Scatter the nuts on the top and serve with raspberry coulis and raspberries