Mung Dal Kheer. Makes: 4
200g KTC mung dal
3 tbsp KTC ghee
55g caster sugar
4 tbsp shredded coconut
10 cashew nuts
- Soak the mung dal for 15 minutes, drain and rinse.
- Heat 2 tbsp ghee in a pan and slightly roast the mung dal until it becomes golden brown, then remove from the pan.
- In the same pan add the remaining ghee, sultanas, cashews and shredded coconut and toast off until golden brown, then remove from the pan.
- Put the toasted mung dal in a pan, add milk, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until it becomes very soft.
- Remove from the heat and add the fruit and coconut mixture.
- Heat the jaggery in a bain marie until it becomes a syrup then combine with the mung dal and fruit mixture and cook for 5 minutes on a moderate heat
- Serve hot or cold, decorated with silver leaf and crushed pistachios.