One Pot Chicken and Chick Pea Pilau. Makes: 4
1 tbsp KTC Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 chicken thighs, skin removed and trimmed of fat
2 large leeks, thinly sliced
1 cinnamon stick
2 bay leaves
1 star anise
3 cardamom pods
2 tsp KTC Garlic Paste
400g KTC Chick Peas, drained and rinsed
1 tbsp KTC Lemon Juice
200g KTC Premium Basmati
450ml chicken or vegetable stock
1 head of broccoli, broken into floret
- Heat a large lidded frying pan or flameproof casserole and add the oil. Fry the chicken thighs for 5 minutes, turning halfway through cooking, until lightly coloured,
- then lift onto a plate.
- Add the leeks to the pan and stir-fry for 3 minutes, then add the garlic, bay leaves, star anise, cardamom pods, cinnamon stick and tip in the chick peas, lemon juice and rice. Stir together until well mixed.
- Nestle the chicken in the rice mix. Pour over the stock and season lightly. Cover and cook on a low heat for 20 minutes until the chicken is nearly cooked through and
- the rice has absorbed nearly all the liquid.
- Sit the broccoli on top of the rice, cover and continue to cook until the rice and broccoli are tender and the chicken cooked.