Pasta con Lenticche. Makes: 4
50g KTC brown lentils
75g KTC white lentils
1 tbsp KTC extra virgin olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 carrot, diced
1 stick celery, sliced
1 tsp KTC garlic paste
½ tsp KTC extra hot chilli powder
1 x 400g tin KTC plum tomatoes
4-6 anchovies in oil, drained and roughly chopped
handful baby spinach
2 tbsp KTC lemon juice
300g tagliatelle, cooked as per pack instructions
parmesan, finely grated
basil leaves, roughly torn
- Tip the brown lentils into a bowl, cover with cold water and soak for 12 hours.
- Drain the brown lentils and wash with plenty of cold water. Wash the white lentils thoroughly. Put both lentils into a saucepan, cover with cold water, bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender but still with a little bite. Drain well and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the onion and cook over a moderate heat for 5 minutes. Add the carrot and celery and cook for 5 minutes then add the garlic and chilli powder and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and simmer for 8-10 minutes then add the anchovies, spinach and lemon. Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper.
- While the sauce simmers cook the pasta as per pack instructions.
- Tip the lentils and pasta into the sauce and heat through. Serve with parmesan and basil.