Raspberry, Blueberry and Banana Muffins. Makes: 8
300g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
75g golden caster sugar
juice of 1 lemon
75g KTC Coconut Oil
1 egg, beaten
50g blueberries chopped
50g raspberries chopped
¼ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp ginger
1 drop of vanilla extract
walnuts for decorating
- Preheat the oven to 175ºC/325ºF/Gas mark 3
- Place the flour, baking powder, sugar cinnamon and ginger in a bowl and mix well.
- Mash the banana with the lemon juice.
- Mix together the coconut oil, milk, vanilla extract and beaten egg.
- Pour the coconut oil mixture into the flour and mix together.
- Then delicately stir in the banana, raspberries and blueberries – do not over mix.
- Spoon into paper cases in a muffin tin and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Gently crush the walnuts and scatter over the top of the muffins for decoration and texture.