Sea Bass with Lentil Salad . Makes: 4
4 fillets sea bass with skin on
1tbsp KTC extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp pistachios, shelled and roughly chopped
For the Salad
150g KTC green lentils, pre-soaked as per pack instructions
¼ cucumber, diced
150g cherry tomatoes, halved
½ red onion, thinly sliced
small bunch mint, roughly chopped
small bunch flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
For the Dressing
4 tbsp KTC extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp KTC lemon juice
1 tsp dijon mustard
1 tsp caster sugar
½ tsp KTC garlic paste
- Drain the pre-soaked lentils, tip into a large saucepan, cover with fresh cold water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, part covered for 15-20 minutes. The lentils should be cooked through but still keep their shape and have some bite.
- While the lentils are cooking prepare the dressing by whisking all the ingredients together and season to taste.
- Drain the cooked lentils, tip into the dressing and gently stir through, so the hot lentils absorb the flavour of the dressing. Set aside to cool.
- Prepare the remaining salad ingredients and once the lentils are cool toss into the salad to combine.
- Heat the oil in the frying pan. Score three slash marks in the skin of each of the sea bass fillets with a sharp knife. Place in the pan, skin side down and cook for 2-3 minutes before turning over and cooking the other side for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve the sea bass on the lentil salad sprinkled with the chopped pistachio nuts.