Thai Fish Cakes. Makes: 4
1lb of snapper fillets, without skin or bones
3 tbsp KTC Coconut Oil
3 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp water
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
½ tbsp KTC Minced Ginger
1 handful fresh coriander, chopped leaves and stalks
2 tsp chilli flakes
½ tsp cumin
½ tsp coriander
KTC Lime Juice
1tsp KTC Sweet Chilli Sauce
2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
2 tbsp clear honey
½ KTC lemon juice
1 tbsp Thai fish sauce
100g cucumber, skinned, cored and diced
3 spring onions, finely sliced
2 birds-eye chillies, seeds removed (if liked), sliced thinly
handful of fresh coriander chopped
- Combine the fish, coconut oil, fish sauce, water, garlic, ginger, coriander, chilli flakes, cumin and coriander in a food processor.
- Pulse until the mixture becomes a thick paste.
- Make into 1-inch balls and press into patties. You will need to wet your hands to stop it sticking.
- In a large pan melt the coconut oil and cook the fish cakes for 2 minutes each side until golden brown and cooked through.
- Make a spicy mayonnaise by adding the sweet chilli sauce to the mayonnaise. Serve with a crisp green salad.
- Beat together the vinegar, honey, two tablespoons of water, lemon juice and fish sauce.
- Taste and adjust the honey and lemon juice to get it sweeter or more tart, however you want it.
- Add the cucumber, spring onion, chilli and coriander. Leave for 30 minutes to an hour for the flavours to develop.